Follow Your Passion. Choose Your Experience.
On all of our trips, students have the opportunity to go on assignment, and explore their area of interest. Our experienced trip leaders and experts offer mentorship in your interest area, and hands-on projects enhance your experience as you explore.
Learn more about our interest areas and on which programs you can explore these interests:
Set out on photo shoots to improve your photography skills and capture the character of the places you encounter. Develop a photo-essay about a topic that sparks your interest.
- Expeditions: Alaska | America’s Southwest | Argentina & Chile | Australia | Bali | Belize | China | Cuba | Ecuador & the Galapagos | Iceland | India | Ireland | Italy & Greece | Namibia | New Zealand | Peru | Switzerland & France | Tanzania
- Photo Workshops: Barcelona | Edinburgh | Paris | Prague | Yellowstone
- University Workshops: Exploration & Conservation at CU Boulder | Technology & Innovation at MIT
Wildlife & Biodiversity
Explore the local wildlife and their habitats with naturalists and biologists. Learn about regional and national efforts to protect natural resources, and investigate the threats that population and poverty pose to conservation initiatives.
- Expeditions: Alaska | Argentina & Chile | Australia | Ecuador & the Galapagos | Namibia | Tanzania
- Community Service Programs: Hawaii
- University Workshops: Exploration & Conservation at CU Boulder
Archaeology & Ancient Culture
Uncover complex layers of past civilizations by exploring ancient ruins, discovering the rich mythology behind treasured sites, and finding the links between ancient and modern worlds.
Develop your writing skills with the assistance of a published writer. Learn how to incorporate a strong sense of place into your work as you explore your destination.
Film & Video
Work in production teams to document your journey, the people you meet, and the adventures you experience. Learn how to create time lapses, capture great GoPro footage or even use your phone to craft short digital stories.
Cultivate a sense of “space and place” by discovering the connections between people and their environment. Think like a geographer while exploring the history, ecology and culture of the places you visit.
Marine & Tropical Conservation
Delve into underwater ecosystems and discover how the health of our oceans, seas, and shorelines impacts all live on Earth. Assist marine biologists and conservationists in the restoration of tropical habitats, from coral reefs to coastal rainforests.
Climate & Geology
Examine earth processes, witness dramatic geological forces at work and discuss the science of global climate change. Learn how volcanoes, geothermal activity and glaciers have shaped landscapes and civilizations.
Settle into small villages or communities and get involved with collaborative service projects focusing on infrastructure, education, or sustainability. Collaborative community projects provide an opportunity for deeper cultural interactions and insight into daily life in our host communities.
- Expeditions: India | Peru | Tanzania
- Community Service Programs: Costa Rica | Dominican Republic | Fiji | Hawaii | Nepal | Peru | Tanzania | Thailand
Engineering & Technology
Get a first-hand look at new technologies that are being used to address challenges facing the modern world. See engineering in action, and explore how advances in computing are enabling scientists to collect and apply complex data sets.
- University Workshops: Technology & Innovation at MIT
History & Culture
Meet local people and discover the history of your destination. Witness the social, political, and physical impacts of historical events on the cultures you explore.